When Rotten Things Happen by Rob Kerr
The 40 lessons of this exciting program teach young people the important cognitive and behavioral skills designed to help them actively avoid emotional overreactions and to respond to those “rotten events” in life in a cool, calm, thoughtful way. This book incorporates a set of “best practices” supported by educational research.
Featured are 40 real-world scenarios (for tweens and teens), each with:
- A brief introduction to the situation with discussion questions.
- Negative outcomes that could result from letting emotions “take over.”
- Positive outcomes when handling the situation using the SAT plan (Sensible Acting & Thinking).
- Personal practice encouraging students to work through their own related situation.
- Suggested questions to prompt ideas for personal journal writing.
|Dimensions||8.5 x 11 x 0.25 in|