When Lockdown Fails Webinar
$49.00 – $295.00
(This pre-recorded webinar on CD will be shipped to you for unlimited viewing.)
Grades Pre K-12
What You Will Learn:
Did you know…
- …that more than 50% of the school shooting incidents that have occurred over the past 20 years have occurred within cities of populations of less than 10,000 people?
- …that most school shooting incidents are over prior to the first law enforcement responder arriving on scene?
- …that in most school shooting incidents the shooter told one or more people prior to committing the act?
- …that most schools conduct fire drills every year despite the fact that not one person has been killed in a school fire in more than 40 years?
- …that very little drilling is conducted in regard to Intruder Response despite the fact that many students and faculty have been killed in recent years — including 18 killed and 34 wounded so far in 2014.
- Jan. 14, 2014 – Two students shot and wounded inside the gymnasium of Berrendo Middle School in Roswell, NM.
- March 12, 2014 – An elementary teacher was shot and killed outside Academy of Knowledge Preschool in Miami, FL.
- June 10, 2014 – A 14-year-old freshman at Reynolds High School in Troutdale, OR was killed and a physical education teacher was injured; the 15-year-old gunman exchanged gunfire with police officers and then committed suicide.
Most school systems have a policy for “lockdown;” however few schools have given much consideration for what to do “WHEN LOCKDOWN FAILS!” In this eye-opening 90-minute webinar, school security expert and veteran law enforcement officer Vaughn Baker will provide an in-depth analysis of recommended school lockdown (prevent access) protocols from both a “Threat Outside” and “Threat Inside” perspective. Mr. Baker will also discuss and provide a video demonstration of lockdown failure protocols that are taught as the “3 OUT APPROACH.”
This webinar will Include helpful audio and video learning tools that encourage discussion and demonstrate lockdown and lockdown failure protocols for various parts of the school with particular focus on securing areas without locks using a layering and reinforcement strategies. Visitor access control/management and entrance area security strategies will also be discussed.
- Understand and develop a plan of action in response to lockdown failure.
- Discern and secure vulnerable unlockable areas of your school.
- Develop an effective visitor access plan
- Create a school environment of open communication and information flow.
Who Should Attend:
- Superintendents & Assistant Superintendents
- Principals & Other Administrators
- Safety & Security Directors
- Law Enforcement
- School Resource Officers
- Threat Assessment Teams
- Crisis Response Teams
- Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Teachers
You Will Also Receive:
To augment the PowerPoint™ presentation and activities, each participant will receive a (PDF) resource packet of the presentation with ideas, reproducible forms, activities and other suggested resources.
About the Presenter:
Vaughn Baker is President of Strategos International. His professional experience includes 20 years of patrol, investigations and special operations assignments, and he has served as a member of his agency’s SWAT team for over 13 years. He has trained nearly 50,000 school, healthcare, government, faith-based, law enforcement and military professionals from around the world over the past 15 years on various safety and security topics. Strategos International staff members possess many different types of expertise along a wide array of intruder response, tactical, live-fire, corporate/church security, emergency preparedness, risk management and organizational development topics.
REGISTERING WITH A PURCHASE ORDER?
To submit a registration form along with a purchase order, click here. We also accept registration forms and school purchase orders by fax, mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).