What You Will Learn
Author Aaron Wiemeier, MS, LPC, will create a new foundation upon which educators and those working with youth can distinguish at-risk behaviors and work more effectively with the most challenging students. A specialist in brain physiology and working with youth who have experienced trauma, he will address the latest research on the primary obstacles to success and debunk myths associated with standard practices that can often hinder behavioral intervention from the start.
This 90-minute live webinar will provide essential information for professionals who work with at-risk children and youth to incorporate appropriate interactions early.
Webinar highlights will include:
- 5 key do’s and don’ts when working with angry, adversarial and avoidant students
- 14 most important concepts when working with deep-rooted emotional and behavior issues
- Top 5 myths about violent and adversarial children debunked
- 20 creative interventions to break through cyclical behavior
- Establishing healthy accountability
- Integrate school-wide and community-based interventions for at-risk youth
- Identify best practices to establish healthy accountability for students and staff
- Restructure inactions and overcome obstacles to effectively guide angry, adversarial and avoidant children/youth toward success in school and life
- Transform self-defeating cognitions to build toward positive behavioral outcomes with at-risk students