by Lisa Hansen
Discover how to teach children kindness, appreciation and positive behavior through bucket filling.
The Bucket Squad offers a unique approach to teaching and reinforcing positive social behaviors in children. It provides a curriculum inspired by the work of Carol McCloud who wrote the highly acclaimed book, Have You Filled a Bucket Today?: A Guide to Daily Happiness for Kids.
In this book you’ll find 10 targeted lessons and activities to help children learn and sharpen their social skills.
- Children become a team of bucket fillers, working together to make a positive difference in
- their school.
- Weekly bucket filling approaches are taught through 10 activity-based learning sessions.
- Each social-skill lesson is reinforced throughout the week as students use the targeted skill to fill other people’s “buckets.”
- Children’s self-esteem and confidence grow as they practice the different ways of bucket filling through positive peer interactions.
- Weekly parent/teacher updates and tips are included for each session.