Survive the Hive: Strategies to Aid Young Women in Cultivating Healthy Relationships Webinar
$49.00 – $295.00
(This pre-recorded webinar on CD will be shipped to you for unlimited viewing.)
What You Will Learn
In a world of deprecating and objectifying mass-media messages, girls are in a constant struggle with self-image and beliefs about developing “normal” relationships and friendships. While girls and boys deal with many of the same issues, some relationship struggles are unique to the experience of being female in our society. Girls are inundated with media messages and societal beliefs that can negatively impact them. When these messages are left unchallenged, girls can fall into a dangerous cycle of relational aggression or “girl bullying.” Author and internationally recognized consultant Stephanie Jensen likens the dynamics of female relational aggression to the environment of a beehive — hostile and sustained by strict social hierarchy.
In this informative 90-minute webinar, join Stephanie as she identifies areas to grow girls’ self-and social-awareness by exploring three B’s – Beliefs, Belonging and Becoming. Beliefs addresses self-awareness, common misguided thoughts and body image issues. Belonging addresses social-awareness and identifies the common roles within the social hierarchy of female relationships. Becoming addresses the importance of setting goals beyond the proverbial glass ceiling and providing problem-solving tools to help girls discover who they want to become.
This webinar will refresh and invigorate your ability to inspire girls to build healthy relationships by addressing the following topics:
- Media Messages and Self-image
- Subjectification vs. Objectification
- Relationship Fact and Fiction
- Social Structures in Unhealthy Friendships
- Social Media and Cyberbullying in the Girls’ World
- Goal-Setting and Personal Growth
- Understand the importance of relationships in girls’ development.
- Identify the six forms of relational aggression.
- Explore best practices in developing the five social and emotional competencies in girls.
- Define the common roles in girls’ social hierarchies.
- Grasp key strategies for engaging girls in healthy relationship patterns.
- Assist girls in discovering positive connections outside of unhealthy relationships.
- Learn new strategies to apply with the girls you support.
Who Should Attend:
- School Counselors
- School Social Workers
- Special Education Personnel
You Will Also Receive:
To augment the PowerPoint™ presentation and activities, each participant will receive a (PDF) resource packet of the presentation with ideas, reproducible forms, activities and other suggested resources.
About the Presenter:
Stephanie Jensen, MS speaks at national conferences and school districts across the country as well as internationally. She combines research, practical strategies, prevention planning, parent education crisis intervention and curriculum implementation in her presentations. She has held positions as classroom teacher, team leader, administrator, trainer and education consultant and national speaker. She also holds a master’s degree in clinical counseling, focusing her efforts on adolescent and family issues. In recent years Stephanie has applied her passion for adolescents to focus on the dynamics of relational aggression, cyberbullying and sexualized bullying. She is the author of Thrive in the Hive: Surviving the Girl’s World of Good and Bad Relationship Bee-Haviors and the soon-to-be-released Princess Priscilla and the Bully-Bee Day.
REGISTERING WITH A PURCHASE ORDER?