The Self-Regulation Training System helps students develop the skills needed to achieve academic success, maintain emotional control and experience healthy social interaction. When a young person is lacking in his/her ability to self-regulate emotions and behavior, negative outcomes are easily observable. Helping young people improve their Self-Regulation skills can help them to better handle anger issues, anxieties, impulsiveness, academic challenges, classroom behavior issues, self-esteem struggles, social troubles and more. Teachers, counselors, social workers, administrators and other educators will see observable and sustained positive changes in students.
About this Seminar
In this one-day training, the presenter will provide recommendations and strategies that participants will be able to use with all students, and in particular with students who have behavioral and/or emotional self-control issues. The seminar includes practical insights, recommendations and learning activities that are based upon the evidence-based approaches used in cognitive-behavior psychology. The content of this seminar is consistent with the principles underlying the RTI/MTSS and Positive Behavior Supports movements. The presenter will provide creative, fresh and engaging approaches for individual students, small groups, classrooms and the whole school.
Participants will learn:
– To develop a level of understanding of the Self-Regulation framework sufficient for teaching it to students and presenting it to parents
– To apply step-by-step strategies/activities to teach young people how to increase self-regulation including: cooling the flame, my warning signs, melting freeze, you can’t make me laugh, free emotional expression, challenge software program and defiance trap
– To organize and implement strategies in a way that is most effective
– For addressing many social/emotional, behavioral and academic problem areas including: anger and
oppositional behavior, depression & anxiety, academic performance, chronic impulsiveness, ADHD,
motivation, learned helplessness, bullying & other school safety issues
– To access, monitor and report measurable outcomes from the application of self-regulation strategies
presented in this seminar
Request More Info
Don't Just Take Our Word For It
About the Presenter
Brad Chapin is a leading authority on Self-Regulation and a masters level psychologist with a passion for helping others learn the skills necessary for success and happiness. He is a best-selling author and nationally-recognized speaker in the area of Self-Regulation. He has served as the Director of Child and Adult Community Services for a large community mental health center where he supervised 65 mental health field staff. Currently, Brad is Director of Clinical Services for Stormont-Vail Behavioral Health Services. Brad’s first book, Helping Young People Learn Self-Regulation, is in its second printing. He has since published Helping Teens Learn Self-Regulation, The Legend of the Regulators, Teaching Self-Regulation Smart Guidance DVD and the Self-Regulation Training Board. His latest book, Helping Pre-Schoolers Learn Self-Regulation, was released to critical acclaim in 2016.
Brad Chapin, LCP, LMLP
In case of an emergency, another qualified presenter will substitute.