School counselors, social workers, psychologists and people in related professions know you make a difference. But now, more than ever, it’s important to show your impact – in a results-driven, data driven educational environment. But how do you quantify lessons on character? How do you measure whether or not a student “got it” from a counseling lesson?
This 90-minute webinar will help you answer those questions, while demonstrating how the American School Counselor Association’s academic, social/emotional and career standards can be integrated into your school counseling program. It will also demonstrate how incorporating assessments into your lessons can increase student motivation and enhance retention.
This informative webinar will provide you with several lessons and activities which demonstrate how accountability can be incorporated into your guidance program. It will help you demonstrate the close connection between a successful guidance program and academic success.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Author Anthony Pearson will present a variety of information related to school counseling including:
- Demonstrating the Extraordinary Value of Your Role as Counselor
- Delivering Impactful Lessons and Activities That Result in Useful Accountability
- Data Suggestions for Easy-to-Measure Strategies and Approaches Examples of Amazing Guidance Activities That Can Provide Useful, Impactful Data – Measurable Classroom Lessons
- Small Group Activity Assessments Collecting
- Guidance “Homework” Data Demonstrating Impact on Student Learning
- Tips for Using Surveys of Students, Staff and/or Parents
- Models from Exemplary School Counseling Programs