“Just because some people can do something with little or no training, it doesn’t mean that others can’t do it (and sometimes do it even better) with training.” – Carol Dweck
Interested in learning how to instill the Growth Mindset into students?
This innovative 90-minute webinar will reveal how Carol Dweck’s research-based theory can be applied in a classroom curriculum and/or small group counseling by using the acronym MINDSET to frame your lessons
- Identify Brain Basics
- Not yet is OK
- Everyone’s Unique
- Teaching Others.
Based upon her new book, Mindset Matters, Lisa King will demonstrate how these lessons can give students an understanding of how the brain works, infuse them with the magic of grit, and demonstrate the benefits of learning. Since these concepts align with social/emotional, academic and career domains, counselors and teachers will walk away with a clear way to structure your year of lessons and groups. Counselors, teachers and students will enjoy these innovative and easy-to-implement lessons. Infusing the Growth Mindset theory into counseling programs can help students increase achievement through greater self-esteem.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the rationale and value for using Growth Mindset to reinforce
- Apply MINDSET lesson ideas and prompts that can be used immediately.
- Integrate resources to use when generating and developing ideas for future student interactions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- School Counselors (K-8)
- Classroom Teachers
- Special Education Personnel
- School Social Workers (All levels)
- School Administrators
- Community-Based Youth Workers